The 8 Extraordinary Vessels act as "reservoirs" for Qi.
8 Extraordinary Vessels at a glanceCourse Level: Level 4
(Completing Levels 1, 2, 3 is recommended by not required)
Requirements to enroll -none, open to everyone
CEUs - none
- Pathways of each Extraordinary Vessel
- Key acupoints on the Vessels
- Master Point combinations used to activate the Vessels
- When, why, and how to integrate the Vessels into your hands-on work
What you will learn
The 8 Extraordinary Vessels:
- Du (Governing Vessel)
- Ren (Conception Vessel)
- Yang Qiao (Yang Heel Vessel)
- Yin Qiao (Yin Heel Vessel)
- Yang Wei (Yang Linking Vessel)
- Yin Wei (Yin Linking Vessel)
- Dai (Belt Vessel)
- Chong (Penetrating Vessel)
Master Point Combinations
The Qi of the Vessels is accessed through Master Points. You will learn how to use these points in combination in order to balance the deep levels of Qi within the Vessels.
Using the 8 Extraordinary Vessels opens new possibilities for your hands-on practice.
Cindy Black, L.Ac.,LMT
About the Instructor
As both a Massage Therapist and Acupuncturist, I have been weaving the theory of Chinese Medicine and western massage therapy into the Meridian Massage Approach. Meridian Massage is a holistic, hands-on approach that anyone can use to support the health of themselves or others.
I am the founder of the Big Tree School of Natural Healing and the author of Meridian Massage, Opening Pathways to Vitality. I appreciate the opportunity to share the wisdom of Chinese medicine with you.
What others have been saying about this course:
8 Extraordinary Vessels
Fabulous, So great to access with all my sessions
Helped me get a deeper understanding of the 8 extraordinary vessels.