Unlock the healing potential of acupoints
If you want to maximize the use of acupoints in your hands-on healing, you need to know more than just where a point is located. You need to know the dynamics of each of the points, and their associated specifics, qualities and actions.
The key to learning these dynamics is to know the points that belong to traditional point categories.
Guide to 60 Transformational Acupoints at a glance
Course Level: 3 Advanced
Completion of Level 1 and 2 courses is recommended (but not required) before enrolling.
Average time to complete - 6 weeks
Requirements to enroll - none, open to everyone
CEUs - 18 for Massage Therapists
- The "ingredients" of an acupoint
- Transformational characteristics and qualities of 60 acupoints
- Video instruction showing details of locating every point covered
- When, why, and how to work with each acupoint
- Leverage the healing potential of acupoints to support health and vitality
What you will learn
- What point to use when, why to use it, and how to precisely locate it
- Ancient point combinations that are trusted today
- Group points according to clinical use: Move Qi, Nourish Yin, Clear Heat
- Review recorded Q&A sessions with students just like you
- To benefit from these points, you must be on the point! Unlimited access to detailed videos showing you how to locate each point on yourself and another person.
Six Traditional Point Categories
- Ma Danyang’s 12 Heavenly Star Points
- Command Points
- Influential Points
- Back Shu Points
- Five Transporting - Shu Points
- Yuan Source Points
The Nature of Acupoints
- Yin, Yang, 5 Element, Organ System attributes of each point
- Based on the nature of a point, what is the best way to contact it?
- How to develop your direct relationship with points and energy
- Practical learning and application rather than memorization
Expand your intuitive, hands-on skills
By understanding the multifaceted nature of these acupoints, you will be able to expertly apply to balance the energetic root of symptoms and support well-being.
Guide to 60 Transformational Acupoints gives you a comprehensive set of acupoints that enables you to work skillfully with a broad range of imbalances that disrupt the natural harmony of body-mind-emotion-spirit.
Cindy Black, L.Ac.,LMT
About the Instructor
As both a Massage Therapist and Acupuncturist, I have been weaving the theory of Chinese Medicine and western massage therapy into the Meridian Massage Approach. Meridian Massage is a holistic, hands-on approach that anyone can use to support the health of themselves or others.
I am the founder of the Big Tree School of Natural Healing and the author of Meridian Massage, Opening Pathways to Vitality. I appreciate the opportunity to share the wisdom of Chinese medicine with you.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is there a deadline to complete the class?
Each class is self-paced and you have access to all content 24 hours a day. Work at your own pace, finish whenever the time is right for you.
Can I review the material even after I complete the class?
You will have on-going access to your student account and all course material after completion. You can even download content to your own computer.
Can I get Massage Therapy CEUs?
Big Tree is approved by the New York and Florida Boards of Massage Therapy, and by the National Certification Board For Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB)
Can I take this course if I am not a Massage Therapist?
All online courses at Big Tree are open to anyone interested in learning.
Will I get a certificate of completion?
After you complete the course and pass the final exam, your certificate will be ready for you in your student account. You can download and print it out at any time.
Do you have written notes for the course?
You can download and print a complete set of notes to assist your learning process.
What others have been saying about this course:
Cindy is a great teacher I found the Lesson plans were easy to understand it has helped me in Massage practice greatly!
There is so much useable info in this class.
I loved this course-it felt as though an entirely new layer of helping others to heal is now literally at our fingertips. I definitely want to continue learning more.