Energy flows through the 12 meridians.
By supporting the flow of Qi ("chee") through the 12 meridians, you encourage balance in body, mind, emotion, and spirit.
It really is that simple!
Guide to the 12 Meridians opens the door to all that Qi has to offer.
Guide to the 12 Meridians at a glance
Course Level: 1 Beginner
Open to everyone!
Average time to complete - 4 weeks
Requirements to enroll -none, open to everyone
CEUs - 12 for Massage Therapists
"I love your easy going way of presenting a very complex topic. You make learning and understanding the 12 meridians possible. Thank you for taking the time to produce a logical, well thought out, organized, and comprehensive class."
- K. Enay
- 12 Meridians of Chinese medicine - clarified at last!
- Beginning and ending point of each meridian
- One or two key points on each meridian
- Yin, Yang, 5 Element association of every meridian
- How to use this set of points to relieve common ailments
What you will learn
22 Key Acupoints
- One or two commonly used acupoints on each meridian
- How to use these points to relieve common ailments
- How to combine these points for even better results
- How to locate each point on yourself and others
The 12 Meridians
- Name and location of each meridian
- How meridians are paired according to Yin & Yang
- Associating the 12 Meridians with the 5 Elements
- Understanding Qi (energy) flow
- Clarifying acupoints and meridians
- Methods for remembering the details!
- The concept of Qi for the western mind
- Uncover the energetic roots of physical and emotional imbalance
- Leverage the potential of Qi for health and happiness
- How Qi flows through the 12 meridians
Cindy Black, L.Ac.,LMT
About the Instructor
As both a Massage Therapist and Acupuncturist, I have been weaving the theory of Chinese Medicine and western massage therapy into the Meridian Massage Approach. Meridian Massage is a holistic, hands-on approach that anyone can use to support the health of themselves or others.
I am the founder of the Big Tree School of Natural Healing and the author of Meridian Massage, Opening Pathways to Vitality. I appreciate the opportunity to share the wisdom of Chinese medicine with you.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is there a deadline to complete the class?
Each class is self-paced and you have access to all content 24 hours a day. Work at your own pace, finish whenever the time is right for you.
Can I review the material even after I complete the class?
You will have on-going access to your student account and all course material after completion. You can even download content to your own computer.
Can I get Massage Therapy CEUs?
Big Tree is approved by the New York and Florida Boards of Massage Therapy, and by the National Certification Board For Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB)
Can I take this course if I am not a Massage Therapist?
All online courses at Big Tree are open to anyone interested in learning.
Will I get a certificate of completion?
After you complete the course and pass the final exam, your certificate will be ready for you in your student account. You can download and print it out at any time.
Do you have written notes for the course?
You can download and print a complete set of notes to assist your learning process.
What others have been saying about this course:
Guide to the 12 Meridians
Love love love. Using this daily in my massage practice, through the intention of working points by percussion, holding points, using a mechanical massager to trace the points, and/or in conjunction with hand and foot reflexology. It has been a ...
I loved this class! So informative and interesting!
Very informative. Easy to navigate and learn.
Guide to the 12 Meridians
I thought Dr. Cindy Black did an excellent job explaining the complex world of Traditional Chinese Medicine. The Guide to The 12 Meridians is clear and very accessible. Thank you, Dr. Black!
Highly Useful if Interested (It's a must)
This course have been one of the best decision of my life.
So much useful information . Having everything explained with charts and such really helps . I love that I can listen to the talk and then read it over as well . The meetings and other online talks and support through blog and chat media . Well ...
Class 1 of Guide to the 12 meridians
I'm very pleased with the clarity and quantity of information, along with a worksheet well structured teaching in a nonboring fashion.