5 Elements are within you
The Elements of Nature mirror the Elements within us. By learning the 5 Elements of Chinese medicine, you will be able to balance, restore, and enhance your resources of body, mind, emotion, and spirit.
Guide to the 5 Elements at a glance
Course Level: 1 Beginner
Average time to complete - 4 weeks
Requirements to enroll - none, open to everyone
CEUs - 12 for Massage Therapists
" I have been exposed to the 5 elements from another modality that I have been working with for the past 20 years. Your dedicated way of learning and your way of imparting this knowledge is truly inspiring."
- Palma Cooper
- Characteristics and qualities of the 5 Elements
- How each Element interacts with the others
- How to harmonize with the Elements to stay healthy
- Maintaining Mind-Body balance using the wisdom of the 5 Elements
- Connect with your inner nature for greater self-awareness
What you will learn
The 5 Elements
- Classic characteristics and associations of each Element
- Physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual characteristics
of each Element
- Origins of the 5 Elements - introduction to Taoist Cosmology
- Yin & Yang in relationship to the 5 Elements
- Generating and Consolidating Cycles of the 5 Elements
A New Perspective- Awaken to the Elemental resources within
- Track the balance of energy through the seasons
- Activities to stimulate each Element
- Explore "balance" from the perspective of the 5 Elements
- Get to know yourself from the inside out
- Relieve stress
- Improve interpersonal communication
- Understand how energetic imbalances manifest in the body, mind, emotions, and spirit
- Simple lifestyle changes that support inner peace and harmony
Cindy Black, L.Ac.,LMT
About the Instructor
As both a Massage Therapist and Acupuncturist, I have been weaving the theory of Chinese Medicine and western massage therapy into the Meridian Massage Approach. Meridian Massage is a holistic, hands-on approach that anyone can use to support the health of themselves or others.
I am the founder of the Big Tree School of Natural Healing and the author of Meridian Massage, Opening Pathways to Vitality. I appreciate the opportunity to share the wisdom of Chinese medicine with you.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is there a deadline to complete the class?
Each class is self-paced and you have access to all content 24 hours a day. Work at your own pace, finish whenever the time is right for you.
Can I review the material even after I complete the class?
You will have on-going access to your student account and all course material after completion. You can even download content to your own computer.
Can I get Massage Therapy CEUs?
Big Tree is approved by the New York and Florida Boards of Massage Therapy, and by the National Certification Board For Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB)
Can I take this course if I am not a Massage Therapist?
All online courses at Big Tree are open to anyone interested in learning.
Will I get a certificate of completion?
After you complete the course and pass the final exam, your certificate will be ready for you in your student account. You can download and print it out at any time.
Do you have written notes for the course?
You can download and print a complete set of notes to assist your learning process.
What others have been saying about this course:
Elementary and Vast
I love, love, love this course. It has changed my life. I apply the 5 elements to my thoughts, emotions, massages, what I say and what I hear how I approach my body, mind and spirit. The elements live in me.
Guide to the 5 Elements
I greatly enjoyted this course and I have studied the 5 elements in another class but Dr. Black's explanations were Very easy to understand and very clear. This is a vast area of study and she accomplished her goals with precision and Thoroughn...
guide to the five elements
I take time to comprehend new material, readings..but the course was thorough, fun, and I feel again a better understanding of Chinese Medicine. Looking forward to my next course. Thank You Cindy and friends.I am Grateful. FranMac